New Holland - cab

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by lccmo, Dec 28, 2007.

1. lccmo

lccmo LawnSite Member
    from mo

Anyone on here add a cab and heater to a new holland skid steer? If so how much $$.

2. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I added one when we bought ours, its only 600 more. And those are the new cabs that are just like the cat cabs.

3. lccmo

lccmo LawnSite Member
    from mo

Did you order it with a Cab or have the deal add it on?

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You added the cab after the machine already came in and put a cab package on it for $600.00 That does not sound right. The door alone is that much. The factoy add at the time of ordering is a 2-3K price tag. The new cabs and even the deluxe (such as they were) cabs prior to the new cabs could not be added after the fact. Which meant you could enclose the cab but did not have the nice heat ducting just a heater box and no AC. Please explain. Perhaps I don't understand.

5. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

i think its better to get the cab heat door and ac done by the factory. yeah its like an extra 2,000 just for the door the glass and the heat if you want ac its like another 1,200.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Yea thats what it cost me. Well worth it. looks much better than adding it after the fact.

7. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

yeah ksss we bought one machine and only one machine first and last time a 2001 553 we got it open cab and we added everything ourselves just doesnt look the same and if you think about it your only saving a few bucks if that. and its a hastle to deal with putting that stuff in never again now we get them factory :usflag:

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You get most of the money spent on the cab back with added trade value so why not be comfortable.

9. kreft

Now we got the cab from the factory, we didnt buy the skid, than a couple months later buy a cab. We bought the skid with the cab and it was only a difference of $600.

10. kreft

I was at the NH dealer and they told me,with the new skids, if you added a cab it would add $600 to the total cost.:confused: