1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Holland LS170 - high flow option?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by lccmo, Dec 2, 2007.

1. lccmo

lccmo LawnSite Member
    from mo

Would it be worth the investment to add HIGH FLOW to my LS170 skid steer?

2. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it would.

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on what attachments you want to run off of it. It costs more to field install HF than had you ordered it that way. What type of work are you looking to do with it?

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Not worth for for things like sweeping and using an auger, it uses more fuel, but if you do alot of brushing and road grinding then it's worth it.

5. GradeMan

GradeMan LawnSite Member
    from canada

Go for it, It keeps your resale value up and It will be handy down the road

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have always ordered my biggest machine with HF. It adds about 2K to the machine. I get about half back at trade in. I have not seriously used it. I order it in case I need it. So to date it has not paid off but it may. I keep pondering different highflow attachment purchases. I nearly bought a rock wheel last month.

7. lccmo

lccmo LawnSite Member
    from mo

in the last month I have used a breaker and a trencher the machine did great, but it got me to wondering if Highflow would help with such attachments.

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Highflow won't do anything for attachments that don't require it. Highflow is a secondary circuit that provides higher flow rates for heavy applications like brush hogging and planing asphalt. Highflow does not replace the existing standard flow line. Similarly, the attachment attached to a high flow line must be a high flow requirement attachment, pushing too much fluid to a standard flow attachment is bad news. I really can't think of any other attachments that use high flow other than planers or brush mowers, I'm sure there are a few, but most attachments do not spin at high rates of speed requiring the additional rate of fluid flow.

As mentioned, it's super expensive to add high flow after the machine is delivered, way cheaper from the factory by a long, long ways.

9. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you add it? I thought it was a factory only option. May not add anything to re-sale. We only sell 4 or 5 hi-flows per year. It would only add if the person you sold it to needed it. If they do not need it they won't pay for the difference.

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Don't ever run a jack hammer on high flow, the out going line pressure spikes will blow any seal in the system to hell, the way I see it, every skid steer should have a 3rd line returning all the oil straight to the tank (like I have now) for any attachments that require continuous flow.

Even mini excavators have this now, why not skid steers?