New Holland LS180 bucking while turning

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by p7m8, Apr 7, 2007.

1. p7m8

p7m8 LawnSite Member

I have an LS180 skid steer loader and when I turn, the machine bucks and jerks. My friend has an LS185 b and it turns very smoothly. Is there something wrong with my machine or does the LS185b just turn better because it is a newer design? The pressure in the tires of my machine is 60 psi.

2. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

What speed are you running the engine at? Does it turn OK without a load? Is your fluid level correct? Geverally if there's air in the system it will make some strange noises while turning. Check your hydraulic pressure and of course, make sure the filters aren't clogged. Never worked on an LS180 but on Bobcats the lighter machines tend to jerk around more then the larger models. Also are you working in dirt or on pavement?

3. p7m8

p7m8 LawnSite Member

I run the machine at full throttle. The fluid levels are correct, I don't know how to check pressure. The jerking is only while on asphalt. It jerks if it is unloaded to moderately loaded. The only time it doesn't is when it is really loaded and is tipsy.

4. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like normal skid steer behavior. If there's no funny noises and it's not doing it on the dirt it's just the weight distribution of the machine. You could probably smooth it out by cutting back on the rpm's but the front of any skid steer wants to come up when unloaded.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I had the same problem on a LS180...But it only did it when i would turn slow and when i would turn faster it would not do it.:confused: :confused: