New Holland LS185B SKID STEER

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by force350z, Jun 13, 2005.

1. force350z

force350z LawnSite Member
    from nj

Looking to get some opinions from members who have used the New Holland LS185B skid steer. Are they worth the $30k that my dealer is asking for?

2. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

What do you want to DO with the machine? If you want stability, decent maintainability (as in not too much service day in, day out), and a pretty decent dealer system, NH is fine. But I will be honest with you: 30k for a Ls185.B is pushing it in my book... it's the same machine, different engine, as the Ls180.B, and NH wants an extra 5k for that? Mmm... fishy. I'd go another brand, but if the NH is the only viable option, try to get the price down a bit more. (Note: other brands in this siwe class will be more expensive... probably about 32k starting, nominally.)

3. force350z

force350z LawnSite Member
    from nj

it will be used for landscaping jobs...tree planting, pavers, grading,etc....

4. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

I think you would find the Deere machine better for this job, but if you'e not doing much digging-related stuff, the NH should be fine.

5. lars

lars LawnSite Member

The only advice I have is check the service points on it. Check and see how to change the oil. Jumpstarting it is even better. Remember the loader arms are usually down when you need a jump. I can't comment on the new machines, but my experience with the LX 885 was terrible from a maintenance standpoint.