New Holland Mz H18

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by centralarlawn, Mar 14, 2005.

1. centralarlawn

centralarlawn LawnSite Member

I realize this is a homeowners model. My uncle is looking into buying one of these. He mows part time ( under 20 yds/week ). I do not know much about these machines, and was wondering if any of you guys had any experience with them? He just asked me, and without having much time to research it, I know that this is one of the best places to get feedback, so here you go. Any opinions, good and bad. Thanks in advance

2. centralarlawn

oh yea here is a link for some gen. info

Thanks!

New Holland

3. centralarlawn

just bumpin it up to give it one more shot at a response. :blob3:

4. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

I almost bought one. Think it was the salesman and dealer that made me walk away, just a bad feeling. Then I accidentally Googled onto Lawnsite. It was unlikely that 99.99% could be wrong, so I went to a commercial dealer. They were running a special on an Exmark Metro and I bought it that day. We have Toro, Scag, and Exmark here, all good. Exmark had the special, that's why I bought. I like Exmark now, but am not a fanatic about it.

Now, just looking at the NH deck would make me walk away fast.

That NH deck wash system (I think it had a hose connector) would not mean much to me now as I have a mower jacked up nearly every day to remove and sharpen blades anyway. No problem to clean it if needed.

And the NH deck is too shallow.

IMHO the deck is not sufficient for even minimal part time commercial use.

If you search you'll find that the single hydro is an issue also.

Sorry, I can't fade the majority on this.