New Holland Super Steer Question

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Tim Wright, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

For you guys with New Holland tractors that have Super Steer. Do you think that SS is enough of a must have on the new holland, or can you live without it?

I have settled on the TC33DA with Super Steer, but am wondering if I should bump up to the TC35DA and if the TC35DA does not have SS, should I get it for the Power difference or just stick with the DC33DA with SS.

I have gone over this in my head a zillion times, settled on the TC33DA for manuoverability, but am once again questioning the issue.

I will be using it for final grading and seeding, pulling a harley rake.

The dealer is hooking me up with a 5' rake with the TC33DA or a 6' rake with the TC35DA.

What do you New Holland owners think?

Thank you for you insights.

Tim

2. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Ah man, I just went threw the same thing saturday. I found a TC33DA w/ super steer, 44 hours on it and it was a cheery. I was all set on buying it then went to find out how much a new one would cost and saw the TC35DA and did I fall in love. It is a lot bigger than the 33 and will handle anything thrown at it. I like the way the loader joy stick is setup and the hydro pedals on the 35 compared to the 33. Super steer would be nice but I dont think it is nessecary unless you are mowing it the machine. The larger frame gives you better visibility when doing loader work and it also has bigger tires for better clearence. The price difference between the two machine was only $1,000 (not including supersteer on either) and my Dad talked me into the 35. I got my tractor for a really good price and I will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I will post pics of it asap.
    James

3. Tim Wright

Drual, Slobber, see ya, I've got to make a drive to my New Holland Dealer and get on these things and drive them.

It's a good drive there but I cannot stand the suspense any longer.

I've got the money lined up, but I am waiting until the the last possible day so that I do not have to make payments until my jobs start up that I have lined up for the summer.

The wait is KILLNG ME.

But I am reconsidering the TC35DA.

Tim

4. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I didnt want to wait to long because I wanted to be ready early this year and not have to wait for stuff to come in. I drove the 33 and loved it, but just sitting on the 35 and seeing its layout sold me. The loader joy stick has the high and low gear selector in it so when your going into the pile you can downshift without taking your hand off the joystick. The gas tank is also in the back vs. the front which was another selling feature because I dont wanna scratch the hood with the tank:cry: . When I pick it up tomorrow you know I will have pictures up that night in the pictures section and wil lgive the full review man.
    James

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I've had a TC33DA for a year and a half. I absolutely love this machine. It has the front end loader as well. I do not have super steer and have never wished I did. The thing turns awesome as it is. There have been a few times I wished I had a little more grunt but I absolutely do not regret the hp decision I made. It has never been unable to tackle a job I had for it. The only time more hp has really been needed was when I was climbing a hill or something loaded and being in high speed range (I have the hydrostatic). Then I just drop down to mid-range and zoom.

You know, hp is kind of like trailer length: you never will have enough. If I do get another tractor, It will probably be the 40 or even 45 but I won't even consider super steer. To me it would be a waste of hard earned funds!:nono:

By the way, I use mine for mulch and dirt work, scraping and box blading, 6' aerator, post hole digger (24" auger no problem), bush hog work and fertilizer/seed spreading. Good Luck

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Get Some Pics Of Your New Money Maker

7. Tim Wright

Thank you for the input.

I have just returned from my dealer, and from driving and putting both the TC33DA with Supe Steer and the TC35DA with out super steer.

I have settled on the TC35DA, grill guard, without super steer, quick attach for the bucket, the 6' harley rake, and a 10kgvw fendered equip trailer, and 12 bushel broadcast speader.

After driving these I told the dealer that I would take one of each. LOL.

But the TC35DA is a sweet machine.

Either later this week or early next week I will pay for the deal.

Tim

8. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

4wheel drive ? we have a TN 75 4 wheel drive and wed o not have Super steer and yes wish like hell o that we would have gotten it with it takes too much of a radius to turn around we fianlly had to spread the tires out and adjust the tie rod end stops so it would turn a bit tighter best way we have found is to do a half a turn and throw it it reverse and cut wheels at same time and then go back forward cutting wheel as far as you can to go in direction you want to go Really think Next trator will be a green machine

9. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

4 wheel drive ? we have a TN 75 4 wheel drive and we do not have Super steer and yes wish we had it it takes too much of a radius to turn around we finally had to spread the tires out and adjust the wheel turn stops so it would turn a bit tighter best way we have found is to do a half a turn and throw it it reverse and cut wheels at same time and then go back forward cutting wheel as far as you can to go in direction you want to go Really think Next tractor will be a green machine

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Green tractors don't turn any sharper than blue ones.