new home owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Turfdoctor1, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

As I'm sure is the case for most of us, the best potential customer for me is one that has just moved into their home. Do any of you do direct mailers, letters, postcards, etc., sent only to new homeowners? I was thinking of doing this on a weekly or monthly basis, but I was not sure what would be the best method. I was thinking of having a postcard designed specifically for a new homeowner. Anybody have any examples?

2. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

I tried mailing to a new homeowner list about two years ago and had poor results. After my campaign ended I thought that maybe a better approach would have been to mail to new homeowners that have established one year of residency in their new homes. Initially most people are concerned with getting the interior of their homes established before they concern themselves with the exterior. I think that the exception may be companies that also mowing services.
    Due to other marketing that I have been testing I have not had the opportunity to dedicate much effort to testing the 1 year residency theory. Just my .02 cents.