1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Homemade Trailer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mikeylikesit5805, Apr 7, 2008.

1. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

hi all, just thought i would show you my new project, over the winter i built a 6x12 trailer. for my walkbehind. this is going to be my first season that i have more than 10 accounts lol, enjoy and if you have any suggestions i would love to hear them.

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good can you get more pics?

do you have Reflective Tape on it?
  3. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job! Does it have a ramp?, hard to tell with the garbage cans there.
  4. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

yea its got a gate, its short because it the whole trailer tilts, it might prove to be a problem with more than one mower, but i will deal with that when it happens. And yes i do have some reflective tape on it. I have a few stripes on the back and a few on the tongue, I've walked into one two many times :dizzy: I will try and get some more pics up soon.
  5. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice
  6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice. My dad built a trailer too, I will get pics of it up sometime...
  7. M&SLawnCare

M&SLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

It could be the view, but the tougne looks extremly light. Be sure to not overload it. Otherwise looks good
  8. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

How much did it cost to build it? Ive been thinking of building my own but it seems it wouldnt be worth it. Any suggestions on where to get cheap metal (material)?
  9. RWS

RWS LawnSite Member

Nice job. Good luck with it.
  10. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Looks great!!! Are the tail-lights on the trailer or the tailgate? I had mine on the trailer but broke them all the time. I moved them to the gate but that wouldn't work on a tilt trailer. Otherwise, nice job