New Homeowner Mailing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawnchoice, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I have access to an online listing of homes sold in my state. I can break it down by price/date/street/town, etc.

I sent a mailing out about 8 years ago to this target market but haven't in quite some time.

Has anyone had any luck with this recently?

2. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

I subscribed to a mailing list, this past year. It cost me around $60 per month for up to 200 names in whatever area codes i want. They sent me the names on peel and stick labels and I had a letter i sent to them. I landed one landscape job that paid for the years worth of lists and also managed to gain a few regular customers. this year I am planning on changing to a color brochure instead of a letter and hopefully will get a better response.

3. Lawnchoice

Was this list specifically for " new home owners ? "

4. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

yes it is for new homeowners

5. Lawnchoice

Thanks for the info. I will probably make my own labels as I get the list for free.

Also, do you mind sharing your letter to them. Just curious as to what others are using.

Thanks,

6. In my area, once a month the paper list all the homesales for the past month by county, includes name, address and purchase amount!

7. Lawnchoice

I have access to the MLS database in which I can search and output to .xls then manipulate from there. Lucky me!

8. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I have a neighbor who is a realtor and recently made a deal to get a list of transactions once a week. By the time the transations hit the news paper it is usually 4-6 weeks late atleast. I will mail each new home owner a letter and a magnet. Hopefully it works.

Matt

9. Lawnchoice

Smart man!

10. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Can I have a copy of the letter please? Thanks :)