1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Honda 20HP

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lawnMaster5000, Oct 31, 2001.

1. justractors

justractors LawnSite Member

2. ArboristSite

ArboristSite LawnSite Member

True, there is always some reject helping you. I always figured as a dealer I had the chance to meet Northern's price if necessary. I just had to decide if the engine died was it worth the time to warranty. If it was too low, c-ya. What people dont know is some of the engines are seconds they are buying. Then sometimes, especially true with a new Honda, they are hard starting out of the box, and they expect the dealer to get it started. Most of time this isnt a warranty situation. Oh well enough rambling.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

ArboristSite wrote:
    What people dont know is some of the engines are seconds they are buying. Then sometimes, especially true with a new Honda, they are hard starting out of the box, and they expect the dealer to get it started. Most of time this isnt a warranty situation.

And just who's problem should a situation like that be? Unless the engine is clearly marked as being a second from the factory how can Honda or the dealer deny a warranty claim? This isn't a buyer beware world you know.

4. justractors

justractors LawnSite Member

5. ArboristSite

ArboristSite LawnSite Member

No I know many dealers work very hard, but that doesnt mean they know what they are doing.
    Dealer can deny claim, if he doesnt want to help you that's how. Dealers make crap doing warranty. If you bought it somewhere else. Take it somewhere else. I am (was in) business to make money, not to help you with an engine you bought somewhere else. If you bought it from me, different story.
    The way a small business owner makes it (by the way I could beat any of the prices from a big box store) but you make 10% on them, not interested. You sell quality equipment, not MTD. You sell service, quality equipment, and validate your price. I used to show people what I paid for it and what their price was. I was the biggest store in Denver. I did well. I am saying, I have met a lot of store owners, and know why the are small. They work hard, but working smart thats a different story. Sorry, you thought I took your quote wrong. I just went on a little more than you.