1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Honda Motor Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky05, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know where other then a dealer I could buy a Honda 216 Commerical 21" Lawn Mower engine. I had an engine go this week, and I really didnt feel like buying a new mower because they are expensive and my dealer wants 550 for new engine, really dont know if its worth putting 550 into a mower that is 3 years old? Wondering if I could get one somewhere else or maybe a refurbished on, or if somone on here is selling a mower??
  2. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

dued go to the dealer and tell him to fix it my honda has lasted 6 years of comercial service. tell him to fix it or find a new dealer.
  3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you mean the dealer should fix it for free?

4. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

Yes I Do It Should Last At Least 5 Years Minimun If It Isint Ur Main Mower
  5. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

All depends on the conditions you run it in and how you take care of it! There is not set time it "should" last.
  6. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

$550 sounds a little high. The best retailer I know is Small engine warehouse, Indiana. Close enough for fast shipping, so why not check if they have some in stock. Expect a price at least 150 lower. Then there's J.Thomas and Norterntool to check but they're not so specialized in engines.

Just curious why your engine died? I have used mine for years and they seem bulletproof.

TOOMUCHWALKING LawnSite Member

Good time to add horsepower !
  8. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

id go to northern tool.
  9. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Warranty on Commercial units is "2years on engine -1 year on other components"

Warranty link: http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/pdf/warranty/ml.repaw24a.PE_Distributors_Warranty.pdf

Dealer is not obligated to do anything for free.

If you are using this thing on a slope greater than 15 degrees for any length of time, expect shortened life.
  10. bare31

bare31 LawnSite Member