New HPS on order.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Apr 23, 2014.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Picking up a new lesco hps spreader tomorrow. Had to put one of my original units (2004) out to pasture, my other unit also (2004) becomes a backup. I hope the subaru is a decent engine, i have never owned one.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I thought you had the Cub Cadet one at one point?

3. lawn king

I do, my xp is my primary spreader/sprayer for mid size lawns. My kubotas (2) handle the big stuff, i do postage stamps by hand. I need hps for my cemetery programs, my cemetery programs only call for one blanket of weed control per season, all the other apps are dry chemical. Running up and down the rows with a hps is the way to go, they are way more agile than SS!

4. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

I have two suburu engines. One on my spyker spreader and the other on my lawn solutions seeder. I think they're great engines.

5. lawn king

Thats good to know, thankx!

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Subaru EX17 powers my D30 pump. Runs like a champ.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Those Subaru's they used to put on PG Centri's run a long time too.

8. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn King , just curious to what keeps you coming back to the HPS with all the other options available ? I own one myself and feel at times it is limited to what it can do .
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

I had one on a trash pump let it sit for a yr or so and it'd fire right up with no problems..

I think the brand is alittle unknown but I was impressed with it

10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Subaru engines are great. We have one that we use for bulk filling. As good or better than Honda IMO.

Lawn King >> the HPS units are junk. Why not get something better? Even a used unit. You should do a search for a used T3000 IMO (our 09 & 2010 models still run like new).