New Hunter I-35 Rotor

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Sep 25, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Got a call from our Hunter rep that they're coming out with a new large rotor next month called the I-35. It'll be a 1" inlet rotor and will be a "mix" between the I-20s and I-40s currently manufactured by Hunter. I'm unsure of its parameters (other than it will be available in SS riser, is adjustable up to 360 degrees so you'll only need one type and will have the I-20's Flow Stop incorporated into it) but we were picked as a demonstration site because of our large sites and availability of water.

Hunter's Product Manager for the large rotors will be coming up from San Marcos and putting on the demonstration and we'll use an existing QCV system to do the demo since it affords ease. We'll make special QC keys with shut-off valves so things can be controlled better versus having to install them in the ground. It's unknown what the cost will be or anything else at this time but I'll make sure I take plenty of pictures and video of the process.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I expect no less from you. :clapping:

3. PurpHaze

What I'm curious about is what niche the new I-35 will fill or if Hunter is planning on making adjustments to their line like discontinuing the I-25 or I-40
    line. I'll just have to wait and see and adjust from there. :)

I'll also be very curious about the nozzling for the new sprinkler line, PSI/distance ranges and GPM to see exactly what they could be used for.

4. PurpHaze

Here's the new I-35 brochure. Some of the interesting things about it were:

(1) We set up the demo in an area far from the pump so it took some time for the pump to kick up the pressure. At 42 PSI with the red nozzle we still got about 48' out of it. When the pressure kicked in to about 55 PSI max (for where we were at) we got 65' distance.

(2) The Flo-Stop is great as only the I-20 has it in the Hunter line right now. Flo-Stop can also be used to adjust distance and pressure to the head and is like a butterfly valve.

(3) True arc memory. We screwed with it a couple of times and it always returned to its set arc.

(4) One sprinkler to cover between 50 and 360 degrees. When adjustment is fully opened into 360 mode it rotates COUNTERCLOCKWISE continuously and does not stop/return so it is a true 360.

(5) Available only in 6" pop-up. Stated that it was necessary because the nozzle turret area is a little taller than I-40s to house the required mechanisms.

(6) Adjustable with either a Hunter tool or a flat screwdriver.

(7) Nozzles contain near/mid/far ports and the overall spray looks alot like other rain curtain types.

I took some pictures and I'll post them either later tonight or in the morning.

Hunter I-35 Brochure IV-01.jpg

Hunter I-35 Brochure IV-02.jpg

Hunter I-35 Brochure IV-03.jpg

Hunter I-35 Brochure IV-04.jpg

Hunter I-35 Brochure IV-05.jpg

5. Looks like a well thought out head. Too bad I'll never get to use one. Maybe Tom can try them out for us on his new gig.

6. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

7. PurpHaze

Dang Zman... I checked a couple of days ago and it wasn't up yet. If I'd rechecked yesterday I wouldn't have had to scan the brochure I got and it would of saved me some time. Thanks. :)

8. PurpHaze

Some pics from the demonstration.

Hunter I-35 Demo 10-3-07 IV-01.jpg

Hunter I-35 Demo 10-3-07 IV-02.jpg

Hunter I-35 Demo 10-3-07 IV-03.jpg

Hunter I-35 Demo 10-3-07 IV-04.jpg

9. PurpHaze

Rest of the demonstration pics for now.

Hunter I-35 Demo 10-3-07 IV-05.jpg

Hunter I-35 Demo 10-3-07 IV-06.jpg

Hunter I-35 Demo 10-3-07 IV-07.jpg

Hunter I-35 Demo 10-3-07 IV-08.jpg

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats nice!

Thanks for the pics, as always. It still pains me to see you posting so early in the morn.