new hurricane blower i just bought

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Sep 1, 2010.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

picked up the new hurricane blower this morning.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Theyre finnally out? How much did you wind up paying if you dont mind my asking?...Theres nothing on their website about them

3. THEGOLDPRO

i paid 5k for it, its alittle pricey, but i financed it @ 5% apr for like 100 bucks a month for 40 months. i figure if it lasts me 5+ years it will be worth it.

4. keepoffthegrass

keepoffthegrass LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

what is its primary use (comparing to a regular back back blower) fall cleanups? long drives?

I could see us using it on some of our bike paths or road ways in parks or schools etc. but then we just run the mowers down them with the blades on and it does a good job.

Looks like a nice unit

5. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice.i like it.

6. THEGOLDPRO

primary use is fall cleanups, i picked this over a push blower because number 1 i dont like pushing a heavy azz blower, and 2 its faster and will save alot of time and energy.

and it will also be used for the bigger commercials we maintain to blow off the parking lots when we are done mowing, one commercial we mow takes 2 of use close 20 45 minuts when blowing off with backpacks, so im assuming this will save us some time.

and 3 i like write offs.

7. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

$5,000.00 doesnt seem all that bad when you consider Billy goats large push blower is almost 3k. Suprised its only a 14hp though.

8. THEGOLDPRO

you know i was alittle leary of the 14hp as well but it screams pretty good man. doesnt feel like a 14hp.

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Make nice work of leaves, eh boss? Looks like a nice machine.

10. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

nice unit, should help out alot for sure.

and btw, i want your sweeper that you bought!