1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Husky Hydro...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ksland, Feb 26, 2004.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

The mower looks very well designed, very heavy guage steel. Just looking it has great small thought out features like the front caster zerks have welded steel around them to prevent them from breaking off. The tracking control is adjusted simple by one knob under the switch panel. The deck belt cover has 5 wingnuts instead of the usual 3 to prevent vibes, they also use rubber coated washers. The controls are very easy and soft on the hands, the front spacers for the caster wheels can be changed without removing the whole caster like on all others I have seen.

dsc01652.jpg

2. ksland

another pic aaaaaaa

3. ksland

oops, sorry..........

dsc01658.jpg

4. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

One word...WOW looks great i hope you get great use out of it.
    I am looking at one now but not that moddle most likly a belt drive.

p.s. all that equip looks so new, esp the two husky trimmers.

5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Husky is making some very nice equipment. Because its fairly new, not many people have given them a shot yet. I bet within the next few years they will be a huge equipment competitor in the landscaping and lawn care industry. I own alot of husqvarnas handheld equip and i am extremely satisfied with the overall performance.

6. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I USE ALL HUSKY EQUIPMENT, SO FAR SO GOOD, GREAT WARRANTY ON ALL NEW EQUIPMENT. I DONT HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS

7. ksland

Probably looks new because I just bought the 2 husky trimmers, mower and one PB-650 blower yesterday :D

8. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

The husky W.B. i looked at a dealer recently looked pretty good. I really liked the single handle to adjust the deck height . Like most of the Z riders .

9. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I checked the floating deck model out last year and it does have a lot of great features and looks solid. I didn't get to drive it much but liked the way the neutral lock on their non-pistol steering system was easy to use, the height adjustment was quick and close-at-hand, they had a 42" deck available, and electric start available.

No dealers nearby here though and I haven't heard much feedback on their actual performance or reliability.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah I can't figure out for the life of me why more people don't use that WB.......

Also, I hate to bust anyone's bubble....but Husky commercial mowers are not 'new'.....just new paint and stickers. They are built by Yazoo/Kees.

photo-hydrofront.gif