New Husler leaks gas

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DennisF, Mar 22, 2006.

1. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I just picked a new 27/52 Hustler Z...serial Number 05071355 and the right fuel tank is leaking gas like a sieve at the sight glass/gauge. What's going on with these dealers...don't they check these mowers before they deliver them.
    Come on...for Christ's sake I don't have time to return NEW equipment for flaws that should have been caught before delivery.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am sure it was just a oversight on the dealers behalf, I can assume they did not put fuel in that side before delivery?
    Either way, get the unit back to the dealer immediately and have them install a new tank.
    Please e-mail me your information and your dealers information, and I will get this handled immediately.

Pj

3. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Hence my post on accesories list on the web site???
    (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=138774)

Yet another person not real thrilled with his dealer experiences.

I should add here though, it's not just a Hustler dealer thing. My dealer sells Hustler and Exmark's. I assume he treats everyone the same.

gps_jetskier

4. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The dealer took care of the problem. I got a little upset when I took delivery and stopped at a gas station to fill the tanks (the dealer wouldn't fill fill them as part of set-up) and the right tank leaked at the sight gage. A new tank fixed the problem.

The mower is awesome and I'm very happy with Hustler products. I told the dealer if he wanted me to buy my next Hustler from HIM...he would be advised to fill the tanks at delivery.

By the way...I installed a set of flex forks today and they are fantastic, I ordered a set for my 3 year old Hustler Z that has been moved into the back-up role. These flex forks are going to sell like mad.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Flex Forks rule!
    Glad the dealer took care of this quickly for you.

Pj