New Husqvarna 370bts blower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2ExploreTech, May 6, 2011.

1. 2ExploreTech

2ExploreTech LawnSite Member

Good Morning all! I am in the market for a mower and a blower, already bought a trimmer yesterday (Stihl 110... have usable parts from some older model).

Has anyone used the newer Husqvarna blowers, made by Redmax? In particular the 370 Bts blower? I have used extensively the Stihl 420 back when I worked for a major landscape firm in NC. Good unit, then as they wore out they replaced with Redmax... big difference. Anyway Stihl kinda screwed local long-time dealer here in small town when they also gave an account to ACE hardware next door, even though Ace doesn't carry the parts and service as well as this guy(... he's slowly phasing out and going to Domar) I bought the trimmer there, as mentioned above.

Another local dealer is allowing me to demo a zt Husq mower for a day, and so was considering the blower from them... either the 370 or the 150t. The other option is Echo-Shindaiwa, however the rep has been slow to stock. So that may be a few days to a few weeks (JD dealer will carry this).

I recognize all are reputable brands and local dealers are great {been there for decades, know their families -- small town :) } , still haven't seen much about the Husq blowers as I have the others.

2. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

I currently have a husqvarna 150bt (350bt now) & it is a good blower for what I do. But it doesn't have that serious power needed to blow some properties, I will upgrade to the 380bt when I get the spare money, it supposed to be a beast.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Jake4551

Jake4551 LawnSite Member

4. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

I use a husqvarna 356bt and love it starts on first pull every time and lots of power.

5. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

I'm loving the new look of the 580bts (old model 180 & 380). Might have too place an order.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. 2ExploreTech

Thanks all. I went with the 370bts, (the throttle on the rt hand control). So far so good, although the emissions are giving off a stronger fuel smell than any of the others I have used. Will check after a few more tank fulls.

Of course there is a newer model, lol. Expect this with computer stuff, not landscape equipment, oh well. From the specs... more wind, 2 lbs lighter, slightly louder and uses a diaphram vs a piston, fuel consumption the same.

Meanwhile, I've put much more time on a trimmer (Stihl 110) with both a blade and string head. Have since added a cultivator/edger gearbox to build a small garden (with a few more in near future). Use mostly to 'tame the Wild'... perhaps I'll post a separate review in near future.

7. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Now go get ya a Husqvarna Pz and you'll be living high on the hog! Or atlest look like my twin going down the road! Expect I run all husqvarna trimmers, can't beat em!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

I asked my dealer about the 580 today and he all but jumped on me saying they don't make a 580, only the 380. I told him to look at the website and walked out the door. Any idea when they may be coming out to local dealers?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 2ExploreTech

Castlerockmo -- The zt that I demoed 4 weeks ago was an MZ5225 (52"). Mows great when I can get traction. The near constant rain and soft, hilly yards we have in the Catskill mnts don't make for easy mowing.

Anyway, I still liked it for the price, just wanted a 61". Went back to the dealer the next week - check in hand - found out that due to the factory move (from Neb to SC) they were way behind on zt... maybe June... currently is a maybe Sept. Husqvarna not willing to ship from states that have extra units (like TN).

Currently using a relative's JD 2105 with 54" mid-deck (mid-20's hp diesel and 4wd). So I can do the steep banks and soft areas with ease, but it does leave wheel marks (not ruts). Meanwhile, JD has a May special on 2000 series... $2500 off 2 attatchments ... still in the $15k range.

10. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

The Mz is a pretty good machine. My dealer and the rep said that Husqvarana is 6-8 months behind on their fabricated deck alone. Said their working 3 shifts 7 days a week.

If you have a Dixon or Yazoo/kees dealer around they are the same thing just different paint.
    Posted via Mobile Device