New Husqvarna PZ Commercial Midmount Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimQ, Sep 3, 2009.

1. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, here she is. The new Husqvarna PZ. No glossy sales photos here. I just snapped a pictures of the machine I've been using to keep my own grass short.

Demos have already been shipped out to the sales guys. If all goes well, they should be avialable in dealers before the end of the year.

Q

Left Rear.jpg

Right Rear.jpg

Console.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Left Rear.jpg

Right Rear.jpg

Console.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

2. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

hey, looks really nice, alot nicer than new exmark... its funny though how both this new mower and exmark have alot of things that look like mostly a hustler and than a scag.. that goes the saying cant beat them join them. but i do like what i see very nice

3. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Don't look too shabby. I see there are tie down points. A big Kawasaki. Some gas tanks from a space ship. The ROPS fold point should also be moved down. I will definitely look at them when they are released. Shoulda been on that demo list though, jk. Looks pretty beefy. What is the speed of that thing?

4. JimQ

This one has a 34 hp Kawi FX, 16cc Hydro-Gear pumps and 18ci Parker wheel motors. 12 MPH.... for real. I checked it I earlier today. Not some exaggerated claim from the sales guys.

Q

5. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

So is that 60" with a 34hp kawa? Guessing due to the large valve covers.

Chute looks cheap, seat looks goofy, rest looks rock solid.

One question about the height adjust, the pin on the right. So you pedal the deck up, lock pin in the correct hole and let it drop, does it work like that?

6. JimQ

Yep, 60" deck. 34 hp Kawi FX.

It has a molded rubber discharge chute.

In my opinion, the seat is much more comfortable than the Michigan/Milso suspension seat that everyone else is using. You won’t care what it looks like because your butt will be so happy!

Let me try and explain the deck lift and height of cut mechanism. It’s a lot harder to explain than it is to use.

On the right side, you set the pin in the hole that corresponds with the HOC that you want. Notice the black thing on the deck lift pedal. It controls the latching mechanism. It is positioned so that when you press the pedal, it disengages the latch. The mechanism latches in both transport position and set HOC position. It latches in the cutting position so the deck lift mechanism won’t float (because of lift assist springs) when traveling on rough ground.

Press the pedal all the way forward and it latches in transport. Press it again and it drops the deck to the set HOC.

Q

7. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

OK I get the height adjuster thingy, I guess it's very fast once you get use to it. Glad to hear about the seat and chute.

As for the big block FX I'm not sure. Heard several reports about guzzling 2-2.5gph and some blowing up after 100hrs, I suspect that's fixed now. I'm not that much into consumption but 2.5gph will leave you dry before the day ends, not to mention the added cost.

Any idea on MRSP ?

8. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that a Tunnel type deck?

9. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

jim, also if husqvarna would make their website more like scag's or exmark's sales will be way better. that site sucks and dont high light anything good about the mowers. fix that yet and you could be up with the big boys, hustler, scag, exmark

10. JimQ