New Husqvarna PZ Commercial Midmount Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimQ, Sep 3, 2009.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a really nice mower. I don't see any husqvarna's around here, but I think this new unit may make them a little more popular around here. I'd love to get a demo one if my dealer gets one.

2. zman2307

zman2307 LawnSite Senior Member
    from OR

These will be high end machines. $9000-$10500 is what I heard.

3. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Too bad for me in my area! The yazoo-kees distribator for here has run off all the dealers that made yazoo a big player around here! Husqvarna at least in the commercial mowers are almost non existent around here! I will probably never get to see one in person!

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i thought they looked pretty well thought out, i would like to see the deck cut, that iws the most importatn thing right!

5. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

What is the weight distribution, looks front heavy, thats one of the many reasons JD redisigned their 800's

6. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Got a chance to see and run one this week. We are a dealer but have never been impressed with the Husqvarna Z's. To be honest, we cringe when they come in for service. We have always sold and promoted Exmark.

I believe Husqvarna has something with this unit. Very nice design. Very impressive deck design and pricing is super.

In my area I was comparing prices with Exmark.

A 29hp Kawi with a 60 deck on this new Husqvarna is going to retail for about 9500. In comparison, an Exmark 27hp Kohler, 60 NEXT GEN retails for about 10,900. That's a big jump. Over 10 percent different. Now it's just getting customer to believe that these new Husqvarna can compete in performance and longevity with the Exmarks and Scags..........

7. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

wow that thing looks nice. Any pictures of the deck underside? Also, are the front castors greasable?

One thing I noticed, it seems grass will get stuck easily under the spindle covers. Are the Y/K's basically just gonna be red, with Y/K badging?

8. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like alot of mower for a reasoanable price. Looks like Husqvarna is stepping up thier game. Hope to see some in dept reviews when it hits the market.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

How about a couple of shots of the mower that actually count. The underside of the deck. I don't care what the top looks like.

10. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

there's nothing to hide, trust me. Like I said, i'm an exmark guy....