1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Husqvarna PZ Commercial Midmount Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimQ, Sep 3, 2009.

1. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool, a lotta tractors come from that neck of the woods.

3. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

what a co-inkydence :rolleyes:

looks good sir

4. CHRIS MELROSE

CHRIS MELROSE LawnSite Member
    from MIDWEST

Has anyone mentioned that the PZ is suppose to have some 2-speed hydro capable of 18-mph transport speed?

5. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

similar to the JD 1600wams?

6. JimQ

Shhhhh. That's top secret.

Yeah, shortly after the pump and wheel motor version is launched, we're launching a machine with Hydro-Gear 5400's. The 5400 is an integrated system with variable displacemnt wheel motors. 18MPH transport will put a smile on your face. :laugh:

Q

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

D@mn Jim Q...

It looks like all my criticism has been directed to good use and motivated you guys to finally build a lawn mower.

The design is looking good.
    Has the materials, process, quality, and QC checks improved also?

If so, you guys should send me one for Christmas or something.
    And if I like it, I'll mail you a Christmas card with a priceless piece of "setup adjustment" information on 60" decks with three 21" blades. I have almost 5 seasons now of experience running that setup.

8. JimQ

Ha! Thanks Envy. Nice of you to stop by and say Hi.

I think we've got all of our ducks in a row. I'm excited about this one.

I forgot to mention another cool feature. The entire operator platform including seat, levers, and foot plate is isolated from the rest of the machine. It floats on rubber isolators to take out vibration and smooth out the ride.

Q

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  9. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

hmmmmm. Might give me a reason to swap back to husqvarna... I loved my first husky as far as taking a beating, but the cut quality wasn't there. Now my scag has all the cut quality and seems to need work every now and again. I am curious to know how this new deck performs. It looks good on paper but out in real world applications we shall see. Oh.... AND 18MPH on a latter model!!!!! WOW...

10. JimQ

We have a couple of these placed with a local crew. I was out with them last week doing some collection system testing. I watched in amazment as one one their operators laid these down. (Nice work Jason) I was so impressed, I had to snap a photo. Collection system installed, no roller.

100_0839.jpg

Q

100_0839.jpg