New Husqvarna PZ Commercial Midmount Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimQ, Sep 3, 2009.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

this has to be one very good concept there. sounds extrememly effective. good one, i will like to check one out in a few years after we are in the need for new 60in mowers.

2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the price of this machine.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Cool. I was more interested in why there seems to be such disparity between the manufacturers over the placement of the castors. I know Dixie's excuse for moving the right castor out so far. They just never told why the left one isn't the same way. The reason I ask is I want to pull the right hand castor back into the frame of my Dixie and put a deck castor on the right hand side of the deck like I have on the left. Thanks.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah. Sorry I stole your thread. You can have it back now. :)

4. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

offset, left: probably trim "wing" & on right-hand-turn curve - the father caster to the middle, the less you have to go over mulchbad (close cut)
    offset, right - vacuum syst. consideration?

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah Richard, the caster offset stuff is crap... as is the offset decks.

Old theory that just don't hold water.
    It really SUCKED on the 52" Lazer HP.

I like what you are doing there with the castering wheels on the deck.
    It's been working fantastic for YEARS on front mounts, and on both types of mowers for tractors (belly / 3-point).

And it just makes sense for those to caster since the front tires do.

6. demhustler

: )))
    codename Lambo - officially taken by Hustler (yellow)
    Ferrari (red) -could been have taken by Ferris (with IS suspension - it had to be not that slow - but... only12mph - they blew it
    so, secret codename Ferrari ofthelawnmowers would be officially given to new Husqvarna ...

p.s. variable displacement wheel motors - so we'll have torque conversion, not just speed conversion?(if i'm not mistaken, long time overdo)

7. demhustler

JQ, but why not tunnell deck design? how it affects suction? what computer sayed? (sorry if i missed it)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  8. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

I had a chance to run this machine today. I can't comment on cut quality but I was happy to see all my complaints about the old Husky were addressed. I didn't get to see the ocdc but was told one will be available. If I had to complain about anything it would be that the two fuel tanks drain together. I know my guys will be running out of fuel and walking back to the truck.
    Its almost like Husky asked the users what they would change and then made the changes.

Scott

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah... it looks much better.

There are still a few old things that could use changing though...
    And a couple new items that might be better done another way...

10. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

What would you change?