new Husqvarna trimmer head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by husqvarna600c, May 1, 2004.

1. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

Has any one used the new Husqvarna t35 tap advance trimmer head yet?

I just got mine and i have to say its the best i have ever seen!
    the guys at Husqvarna have listened to all the complaints about trimmer heads and have made the t35. You can load the line and snap the head into place without ever turning the trimmer any direction. It also holds 0.65" , 0.80" , 0.95 ", or 105" trimmer line at 28 feet. The head will also fit Redmax, Stihl, Poulan, & Shindaiwa.

Lowes will stock the t35 and sell for around $25.00.

2. rb30533

rb30533 LawnSite Member
    from se

Got one last week. May be best head out there now. Be interesting what the stihl guys think.

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

PICTURES......we want to see pictures. Husky's website doesn't show much.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah pictures, is the tap button in the middle blue , and splined ? My father in law has a Husky trimmer and the head is pretty cool.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

i bought another new Husky trimmer in April. Needless to say that new head is junk, button already broke, after 8 weeks of use. My other Huskies are 3 years old and are on the same bump head when new. i liked that new head when i got it seemed quicker to wind but did not last. i think the plastic is too soft.

6. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I hav'nt tried the new one, but the old one is bullet proof.

7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Just went to the Husqvarna website and from how they discribe that trimmer head, sounds pretty much like the head on my Redmax trimmer. One innovation I like about the Redmax head is the metal insert in the bump. Line is separated into two different chambers like the T35.

8. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We used to wear out Stihl heads like there is no tomorrow, so I started plastic welding a washer to the bump head and now they last forever.

9. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

If you keep wearing out bump heads, try the Tanaka auto head. No bump! Head is flat as a pancake. You can trim low and not drag the head on the ground. But watch that auto feed when you are trimming next to her prize flowers! Another thing we have learned is to bump on the turf, not on the concrete with the bump heads we do have. It really makes a big difference.