New Husqvarna Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thesargent, Mar 15, 2007.

1. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

well i demoed a brand new 36 inch huskey hydro wb, and ets controls. this is the first walkbehind ive ever used or tested. we only have a huskey dealer here. the exmark dealer is 2 and a half drive as is the graveley, hustler dealers. so it came down to the quick or huskey. the only pros i could think of with the quick was that its lighter, a few hundred dollars cheaper, and shorter. so i take it out and fire that 15 horse kawi up engage the blades and throttle up. i take off(very slow mind you) and blaze through two yards over twice as fast than the 21 incher. the cut was very smooth, clean and fast. the controls were very responsive and easy to use, although reverse is sorta stiff. this machine left awsome stripes, although not very straight ones(yet). i ordered a mulch kit for it and will let you now how that goes when i get it. so far i am very pleased with this machine although it only has 2 hours on it. oh yeah did i mention that i bought the mower? its was brand new for 3399.00. now all i need is a pro-slide. i will get some picture for you asap.

2. mini14

mini14 LawnSite Member

imo do not get a proslide please. ive been doing this work for 20 yrs now, i know a pos when i see it.

3. thesargent

ok. why do you say this. whats wrong with the pro-slide.

4. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I have a larger husky and a proslide. Works great and stripes well. Though the proslide could be built somewhat better.

5. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

This is interesting to me. Last December I was in the market for a 36" walk-behind mower and the item you describe seems to be similar to the one I posted a query about.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=169489&highlight=Husqvarna+walk

I didn't get a single response to my question, so I interpreted that to mean that no member of this LawnSite forum had ever heard of it. Either that, or it was so terrible that no one considered it to be even worth wasting time writing about it. On the other hand, this forum and others like it were replete with high praise of the Quick 36, so I bought the Samurai, saved myself several hundred dollars and got an extra 1 HP in the process.

As I had stated in the referenced URL, I presume the extra cost of the Husqvarna is because it's a dual hydro, but so far I haven't been able to verify that to be the case. Will you please tell me if it is?

6. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep. The Husqvarna has dual IZT Hyrdros

7. thesargent

yes it is a dual hydro. are you happy with the Quick36.

8. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't really used it yet. It arrived in January, but it'll be a month or more before the grass here in NJ will be long enough to mow. It's snowing as I type this, by the way. I have an Exmark ZTR for most of my lawn, but some of the lot has steep hills I'm too chicken to use a rider on. I had used a self-propelled w-b 21" mower for those hills, but it was always a hassle. The Quick 36 will be used for them from now on. Even though there was nothing to cut, I fired up the Q36 the day it arrived and went up, down and across the face of the hills with it. It seemed to do all of that with ease, so I doubt if I'll be disappointed. Because it's a single hydro, I had to use a little muscle when transversing the face of the hills, but it wasn't very difficult to do that. Maybe when I start to cut some grass it will seem different.

I'm just a homeowner, so I don't think I'll ever wear it out. Quite a few LCOs have reported good success using Q36s on hills, so I think that's credible support for my optimism. And some of them have only a Briggs engine, but even they are happy with it. However, a number of those who have the Kawasaki engine strongly advised in PMs to me that I do likewise, so I did.