New Hustler Dealer Same distributor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cajuncutter, Aug 1, 2006.

1. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Ok finally we got a new dealer in our area. There is only one problem, same distributor. These poor guys (the new dealer) I believe are facing the same headaches the last dealer faced.

I had a pretty good deal lined up this week with my new dealer. I pretty much sold one of my units with the understanding that I would be able to purchase a Super Z demo. For the last month apparently the distributor had decided on a price and the dealer had even given a quote however the distributor wanted more hours on it before they let it go. Ok so now the machine is up in the 70's and the distributor is ready to sell. So I am thinking great I will line everything out. I get to the dealer this afternoon and he has this long look on his face. He goes to tell me that the distributor has someone down in Florida willing to pay about 1400 more than what I thought I was getting it for, I am in Louisiana. I have been thinking all evening before posting anything on this subject. I pretty much am throwing in the towel on Hustler. No it is not Hustler's fault and I am completely happy with the brand. I just am not going to take any more from this distributor. Just like the last dealer, parts take a couple of weeks to get in, took me over 2 weeks to get a set of blades. “I give” is all I can say. Unfortunately this forces me to go with the second best product line in my area and that is Exmark. This last 8 years with my mowers has been great and hopefully I will get several more years out of my current mowers but it is time to get a new unit and I need dependable service.
  2. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Wow, That sounds just like my old Toro dealer. I went back after 6 yrs to demo a mower took him forever to get one to me and he didn't have it set up to mulch or side discharge like we discussed. It had half a mulch kit on it and would not mow this way. He left it with me for 2 weeks saying the parts would be sent to me to put on it and demo. He calls yesterday what do you think? I think it's time for you to come get this mower being the mulch kit never arrived. He says what let me call you back. He forgot to send it. I've got a brand new mower sitiing in my back yard wondering if he will remember to pick it up.........:laugh: I gave up on them. They specialize on Toro golf course equipment and have horrible service bad I might have bought it. So I ordered a Hustler instead great service great dealer....... location, location, location.
  3. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

MJB I want to make it clear that it is not my dealers fault at all. I am not mad with them at all. He has gone out of his way to help me out. The problem is the distributor out of Mississippi that is the problem. They gave my las Hustler dealer lots of grief. So much so he had to drop the Hustler line.
  4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Something isn't right here.....
    The distributor for Louisiana and Mississippi does not set up or work with dealers or end users in Florida, Florida has a different distributor entirely.
    E-mail me the information on your dealer and I will look into this.

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

PJ it sounds like someone needs to have a conference call with some of Hustler's dealers and distributors, they appear not to be putting the customer first and this has always been Hustler's philosophy, just like with these efi engines they are the best you have to offer and the biggest part of your dealers seem to be scared of them and this is costing Hustler a lot of money in sales whether they realize it or not.