New Hustler decks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Jan 18, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Has anyone used the new Hustler decks? Thay say they will cut in any condition and I was wondering how true this is.

2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been waiting to hear to about anyone that has used the new xr-7 deck. I know they are new but if anyone has run one I would also like to know what they think.

3. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I am currious to see how the new hustler deck stacks up against the everide deck!

4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

the XR-7 deck on the diesel hustler will be an awesome combo, conquer anything!

Has the new deck been out long enough to get enough sales to expect feedback?

5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

we have another new super z on the way with the new deck in about 2 weeks or so i believe my dealer said, i'll keep yas posted..

6. nobagger

from Pa

I just called out local Hustler dealer and he tells me they are not going to be handling Hustler any more due to some things not holding up last season and no support from the factory. He has one Hustler left and its a Super mini Z:confused:

7. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

OH!

That's not good news!

I hope the problem isn't accross the board, I am inclined to think this is one of the better companies out there, I hope they aren't starting to do what others have done!

Hopefully P.J can resolve this before it gets outa hand....

8. nobagger

from Pa

He didn't get specific but he said some pieces on some of the mowers were not holding up. He also said the Hustler rep. hasn't been around in forever and the factory didn't help them out with these problems so they are dropping them this year and when he sells the mini Z that will be the last Hustler he sell's.:confused:

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Could be the dealer is telling the truth, but for a lot of reasons I doubt it.

Dealers make these decisions for a lot of different reasons and seldom do they drop a line for that reason truthfully. Most of the time these decisions are financially driven... well almost all the time, even when it's a bad product and a bad company.

10. nobagger

from Pa

I could'nt tell ya. There's only a few Hustler's running around here that I've seen so maybe they not so popular. Last spring, in front of his business there were quite a few Hustler's sitting there now he's only got one left.... I don't know but that new deck seems like its going to be pretty sweet. BUT.. he also told me its a copy of the SCAG Advantage deck:confused: