1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Hustler Engine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Sep 6, 2006.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I talked with a production engineer at Kohler today, someone that actually designs and test the latest versions of Kohler engines not a distributor or rep. He told me they were working on a 36 hp carburetored engine for Hustler at this time, I said why not an efi, he said they could get the carburetored engine on line quicker but he thought the 36 efi would probably be in production by 2008. I said if you will put me one together and get it on a Hustler Super Z that will handle it I will be more than glad to put it through it's paces. He then said I might see what we can get worked out on that, he emailed me so if I have any technical questions about the engines we could keep in touch. I really thought that was nice because I hate talking with people about products they don't have full knowledge of and this gentleman can answer any questions I would have about Kohler engines correctly.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

A 36 hp efi is just what Hustler needs for the super Z for anyone that wants extreme power and good fuel economy without getting the diesel but I bet it will have a hefty price tag. I hope Kohler gets this engine totally right before they release it unlike the 30.