new Hustler Mini Z 42"/19kaw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Yellowdog, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Yellowdog

Yellowdog LawnSite Member

Has anyone seen or herd of the new mini z 42"/19Kaw? I have been looking for something for my personal use. I want to make a one time purchase and be done with it. I have been looking at the Tiger Cub, Laser Z HP and the Mini Z. Seems to have it all. Tough spindles, strong deck, foot lift deck. I like the 42" because the price is 4,799 insted of 6,299 for the 44". But the 42" has only 2 blades where the 44" has 3.
    You all are the experts, give me some advice.

Thanks,

2. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

a mini-fastrack 42" 17hp kohler. And I used it last year cutting 1 full day commercially...about 8 hours...and this year I have a hired employee using it full-time. Only cost about 3300.

v/r
    Gary

3. Yellowdog

Yellowdog LawnSite Member

This new model is not a fast track. IT is a Mini Z. Fully commercial.

4. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

i think what nitro was trying to convey is the fact that for home use the mini fasttrak will likely last you many, many years of service. for anything around 1-1.25 acres or less, the mft will serve you well and save you $1.5k or so. if you want to spend the extra money, have at it!!!!!!!

5. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

I was cutting like 6 accounts last year on my day off.....so about 4-6 hours riding and another couple trimming/blowing. Then I was cutting my 3 acres also...that took about 1.5 - 2 hours of riding depending on how fast I wanted to get done. My guy started working last week....put about 20 hours on it last week and he's working 40 hours this week and the rest of the summer.

So if the hydraulics last this season or more....I'd purchase another one before paying more money for a full blown commercial unit. Or I'd get a quick 36....I only have him cutting residential lawns w/ a few around 1/2 acre...the rest are 1/4 acres.

It should last you a while for strickly homeowner use.

v/r
    Nitro

6. flake1333

flake1333 LawnSite Member

You might as well buy the MINI Z 19/52. I just purchased mine for $5700 I then added the flex forks, the suspension seat, and hitch for a total of $6248.