New Hustler Models Scheduled!!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Artman, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Artman

Artman LawnSite Member

A little update for those of you who have been wondering about schedules of some of the new Hustler models:

The Kohler 28 EFI Super Z August 22

Kawasaki 27 water-cooled Mid-October

The new ATZ™ (all-terrain Z-rider) September
    The ATZ is a Super Z designed for slope handling. Higher-torque wheel motors, longer frame, wheel weights, and a 2-post certified ROPS with 4-post roll cage. The ATZ will raise the bar for slope handling for z-riders. The owner's manual will state 25 degrees vs the typical 15 degrees for other z-riders. In fact, the ATZ can back up a 30 degree slope!

2. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

What about the diesel!!!:) Sorry had to ask, I'm dyin' ova' heeya'.
    Thanks,
    Mark

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have our engineers on top of the diesel project, dont worry we will have the best diesel out there when done.
    I do not have the time frame or any pricing.
    Get yourself that Super Z now, and when the diesels come out trade it up.

Later
    Pj

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

What is the top speed of the ATZ? What is the machine weight?

Gene

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I do not have the specs here with me, I will post them Monday.

Later
    Pj

6. Hustler

Hustler Guest

Top speed of the ATZ will be about 9 mph. Weight around 1600 lbs.

7. UGA

I will probably take your advice and go with a gas and maybe trade up to a diesel eventually. BTW,are you guys going to be offering a FI Kaw anytime soon or just a straight Kaw in a 27hp? Until the liquid cooled and FI's have been around for at least a couple of years to work out the kinks I am leaning towards an aircooled carbed Kaw- preferably in a 27hp.
    I finally got together with a dealer that I am pretty comfortable with. Jonathan at Tieco in Nashville is bringing a demo Super Z up on Friday to my "test track":) I will have my friend and his Lazer there to go head to head over some thick tall fescue at 1 weeks growth. I am really looking forward to it.

8. Hustler

Hustler Guest

No plans for an EFI Kawasaki

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Do you mean 27hp Kohler ?
    The largest Kawasaki we offer in the air cooled is a 25hp

Later
    Pj

10. UGA

Yeah I know, but I would prefer a kaw and figured as close as these two manufacturers stay to one another surely Kaw will have one soon. I guess not? I will be demoing with the 25 Friday and it might change my mind but running around the dealer comparing the 25Kaw to the 27Kohler I prefered the 27 hands down- I was just hoping to get a Kawasaki this time and would prefer a 27hp to a 25. I see where the LC 27 Kaw will be out in Sept. Maybe I'll look towards that.