new hustler streaking?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by marc, Apr 27, 2006.

1. marc

marc LawnSite Member

I purchased two new super Z's this spring and so far I love them. However, today I noticed that the mowers (both) are leaving a small streak which you can see the whole length of your mowing pass. It is appearing on the inside of the left wheel tracks only or from the inside blade. The only thing that has changed is the original blades were sharpened by the dealer. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know what could be happening?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What models and serial #'s do you have?
    There should be no streaking, are the blades the original Hustler blades?
    Post here or e-mail me and I will get this looked into you.

Pj

3. marc

marc LawnSite Member

PJ- The mowers are the 26hp LC Kawasaki w/ 60in xr7 decks. I do not have the model or sn no's with me at work right now. I will have to get them for you later. The mower cut excellent when totally new but as the original blades wore, I started to see the streak. They only have 50 hrs now. I have tried an aftermarket blade of which did the same. I went back to the fusion blade after that so I am using original equipment. As I look down the mowing pass from one end to the other, I can see a line of grass or ridge that is not cut. If I go back over it being sure to place my mowing deck differently, it will cut it even. Both mowers have been doing it. It may be something that most people can't see, but I am pretty critical about what it looks like. However, it is noticable. I look forward to your thoughts. Also, the one thing that I would like your engineers to work on is the radiator screen design and/or radiator location. Mine collects a severe excess around the screen as well as on top of the radiator itself. It is getting underneath the debris screen along the sides. I may duct tape the screen edges were it meets the radiator as a temporary fix. Any ideas or answers? Thanks -I will look forward to your reply.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me your information along with your dealers information and I will get one of our tech's on this ASAP.
    I have heard of no issues with the XR-7 decks at all.