1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Hustler Super Mini Z belt problem

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Doodyboy, May 23, 2005.

1. Doodyboy

Doodyboy LawnSite Member

I posted this in another forum and no response so will try again. I got the Super Mini Z Saturday and noticed it had some chunks cut out in the top of the belt. I had read about someone else having this problem and had looked for it before I left the dealer but didn't see them. After they loaded it on the trailer I noticed it when I got ready to unload it. I got underneath the trailer and found the problem. When you move the deck to the transport position the deck belt comes up and contacts the drive belt. The deepest cut is 3/8". I called the dealer and they said they would contact Hustler and would give me a new belt. After checking it some more, I think it only hits when raising the deck about 1/4 " past the transport catch. It seems to me that Hustler would make sure the deck adjustment won't got high enough to cause the cuts in the belts. Other than that it seems like a very well built machine and I think I will be well pleased with it. I was wondering how many Super Mini Z owners have had this problem.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your deck needs to be adjusted correctly, I don't know how it left the factory or the dealer in this condition, but I can assure you it is not correct.
    Please have your dealer totally re-adjust the deck per the manual.

3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't notice any on ours, will check closer. Just wanted to ask you if thing this mower is probably the best all around mower oput there. Great maching for small and large places. I love to let someone ride and watch the smile on their face when they come back. I love this machine. Great mower
  4. Doodyboy

Doodyboy LawnSite Member

This is my 1st ztr so I can't compare but everything seems to be well built and well designed. I hear of problems with cutting wet grass but I am only cutting my own 3 acres so I can wait until it's dry. The more I read on this site the more comfortable I am with my purchase.