New Hustler Super Z?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rundm, Aug 14, 2006.

1. rundm

rundm LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a suggestion on weather or not this would be a good deal? I can get a super z with the 25horse kawasaki for 7k with a 52in deck. It is a last years model and I thought the price sounded right. I have started to waver since reading some of the posts on here about power. Is the 25 horse kawa powerful enough to run the 52in deck? I will not be mowing a whole lot, somewhere's in the neighborhood of about 1 acre a week with no steep hills and then possible about 3 acres per month of rough grass for my mother in law. I thought that the mower would be plenty, but just having some questions. Can someone alleviate my fears that this mower would be good for what I need? Thanks, RG

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

25 is enough for a 52" Super Z, and for the amount you will be mowing this mower will be great, a bit overkill maybe, but for that price I would buy it also.
    Is it a Super Mini Z or a Super Z? either way its a great deal.

Pj

3. rundm

rundm LawnSite Member

Talked to the man again today and he will do either the super mini z or the super z for the same price. I just need to find out which one that I want. RG

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The SMZ will have deck trim, where the Super Z will not, that is something to consider.

5. rundm

rundm LawnSite Member

That is my problem right now. I am trying to decide between getting the one with the extra trim or no trim. The Super Mini Z has the same engine the same deck and a little smaller pumps but with less weight. I am starting to lean to the smz as of right now. Would there be a reason to go with the full size super z other than the extra 2mph? Thanks, RG

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you are working on hills the Super Z would be a better choice, it has a wider frame and stance, it will handle slopes better.
    Other than that its a toss up to me.

7. rundm

rundm LawnSite Member

not to many hills, just the ditchs on the side of my house and stuff. RG

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Then it is still a toss up for you, either machine will work great.
    The only thing that sways me at this point is the trim side capability of the Super Mini Z.