New Hustler Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by noz34me, Mar 6, 2008.

1. noz34me

noz34me LawnSite Member

Just bought a 60" Hustler Z with 25HP Kawi engine.

Haven't gotten to use the mower yet, because the grass ain't growin' here yet, but will in about 2 weeks.

Question is the owners manual and engine manual appear very weak on documentation for preventative maintenance. Is there another manual I need to buy?

I have a John Deere 755, and the manual that came with it was great, good pictures and descriptions. Maybe that spoiled me.

2. Hustlersz66

Hustlersz66 LawnSite Member

there are not alot of lube points on these mowers the spindles are mait free and the hustler manual pretty much just gets down the point on how to run it and how to maintain it, as far as things like changing blades, and belts, hydro fluid they either want you to have it done at the dealer or its pretty much just common sense the belt system is very simole and everybody should know how to change fluids or you don't have any business even messing with it, i agree though the hustler manual is alittle week compared to deere or scag, but you got a good machine, we have a super z 66/28efi a superduty 54/25 and a hustler z/60/25 and all have not had any down time the super z is going on 1500 hours while the superduty has on 35 hours and the z has 130 but for the super z having 1500 hours and never went down says alot. also have a scag tiger cat with 260 hours on it and its been in the shop three times twice for hydro lock ups and one for the electrical sytem failed so they had to replace the whole system but its a good mower, it cuts nice! but hustler is second to none!

3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

This post is 2 years old!!

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

yeah, this kind of stuff always amazes me !! :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

5. Hustlersz66

Hustlersz66 LawnSite Member

yea i did not even look at the date, oh well