1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Hydro 54 float w/b

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by DeWitt Lawncare, Mar 31, 2005.

1. DeWitt Lawncare

DeWitt Lawncare LawnSite Member

I've got a 2004 60 inch Z-two. I love it, but I think it's a bit big for most of my residentials. My question is, does the new hydro 54 float have stripe rollers behind the deck like the z-two. The z stripe great and I'd hate to give that up. Thanks.

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

yes it uses the same deck as the ZTWO does. I have a 48 w/b and a 54 in ZTWO.
  3. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

I checked w/ our Equipment Product Manager, and here is what he told me:

"The float-deck mowers have the same roller system as the Z's. The only difference is the width of the tire. The Z's tire is wider, and, in turn, stripes more."

Let me know if you have any other questions.

4. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

How about a 60inch Walkbehind?
  5. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Does MTD make this W/B?
    Or is it made by someone else.
  6. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Riches139 -- thanks for the question. Our mowers are manufactured by Commercial Turf Products (CTP), which is owned by MTD. Of course, that certainly doesn't mean we're simply buying and distributing a mower.

We have been very involved in the development of CTP for the last five years or so, including the design and development of the mowers made there. In fact, Commercial Turf Products is located in Northeast Ohio -- not too far from our offices -- and our equipment personnel are in the plant and meeting w/ CTP personnel regularly.

Thanks again for the question. Let me know if you have any others,