New Idea for LPF's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, May 28, 2004.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I've still got a few small problems with people paying me late. This is my first year to have a $29.00 late payment fee in my contracts.

Well, anyway, I didn't have the ballz to just send the statement with the $29.00 late fee. Instead, I included a letter that said we don't want to charge the late fee and that we'll reverse it if the payment issue is resolved immediately.

I know. I'm too soft with this stuff, but I don't have any disposable customers.

So, what I was thinking about doing is sending out the LPF on the statement and enclosing a letter that says we plan to reverse the LPF if they pay their next 6 statements in a row on time every month.

Anyone think this might work better?

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I think after six months it will no longer matter to them if they are used to paying late,they will consider it already gone..........
    Charge the late fee and add that it will be waved if payed within x amount of days.(5 days,10 days)
    Last time I had to send a threatening invoice it went:
    "please remit payment within ten days to avoid negative credit reporting and collection action."
    I recieved it on the 11th day.LOL!