New idea (for me)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Expert Lawns, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Today while mulching a yard, i realized that a lot of the lawn dust collects at the base of trees. Well, I decided to bring my hand held blower along on my Z. Worked pretty well, just point and shoot. Sits nicely on the foot rest when not in use. Of course you have to steer/drive with one hand, but I'm sure we've all done that from time to time. Works good for spreading lawn dust as well. This is a new idea that I tried and it worked, not sure if anyone else does it. Just thought I'd share.
  2. Expert Lawns

Also, I love blowing leaves with my backpack blower on, and my hand held in my left hand. It's almost as if you can herd the leaves up if done correctly. And, obviously it adds more power. Arm gets tired fast, but it's not all that bad.

Anyone else use these methods?
  3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the Shakur method. 2-pack.

A Redmax EB7001 on back and another on front, with one tube segment deleted.

I have the divorced throttle models (throttle on left, tube on right) that I just tuck away.

2 EB7001's = almost 10 Horsepower of blowing power. Each one is rated at about 4.75 HP.

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL I'd love to see that!
  5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought I invented the Shakur method:angry: Oh well, works good for me.
  6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We've done this on occasion too. You get a lot done for one guy. Another alternative is push blower & bp blower at same time. You're a one man leaf anihilator then.
  7. Expert Lawns

I have heard of the double backpack system. I only have one BP, but would surely try it if I had two. How is the weight? Shoulders hurt at all?