new idea

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mark B, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I was messing in the kitchen this evening. I had a 1 gallon OJ jug. The light went off (in my pea brain) and I took a 3/4" barb fitting and it went right in the jug perfect. I guess my point is that I get tired of not being able to find those small black fittings. But now that should not be a problem at all.

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Must be a southern thing. Usually when a cartoon character has an idea the light goes on. j/k :laugh:

They say that "necessity is the mother of invention". Whatever works for you is fine by me. :)

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If you used the Rainbird brand, then they'd be <u>grey</u> &frac34;" barbed elbows you can't find.

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Of if you use the Lasco brand, they would be Blue...and superior :)

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Blue schmoo, as long as they work, and are made of good material. Rainbird colored only the ¾" elbow grey elbow, so you can quickly distinguish it from the &frac12;" one.

6. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

well it will be cool to have them in a container with a screw top on them so they don't end up every where in the trailer. I container for 3/4" and 1 fer 1/2..hammer

7. Dirty Water

I have one of those plastic organizer bins from walmart with 3 drawers.

Top drawer is full of 1/2 gallon milk cartons cut in half, I store gelcaps, Marlex fittings and MPT to Barb fittings there.

Middle drawer is a all 1" fittings, bottom drawer is 3/4" fittings. I rarely use half inch so all of those fittings are in a tray in one of the utility bins of my truck.

This sort of organizer:

[​IMG]

8. Dirty Water

I like Lasco's for their unique double helix barb. Much easier to work with than rainbirds design, and they are made of acetal, not ABS.

They call them "Blue twisters".

[​IMG]

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Hey... I have an organizer idea for barbed fittings for use with poly since you guys will even argue about colors. I DON'T USE THEM SO I DON"T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ORGANIZING THEM. I can tell the difference between a 1/2" SS 90 el all the way up to an 8" one. :laugh:

10. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

So sad so very very sad you have not been introduced to organizing plasticware yet sleepyhead IE Tupperware for instance?