New Idea

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn jockey, Feb 12, 2002.

1. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

This is a new idea for me anyways.Has anyone ever gotten into parking lot stripping? Just an idea let me know what you think?Thanks
  2. We do the parking lots every year after the snows in Minden Nevada.

To make a living doing this though, just like this business, you need to invest in the equipment. Ever see the newer striping machines they use. I wouldn't think about doing this on a large scale.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

contact Crazygator about this. He's does it sometimes.
  4. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

the idea may have some merit, but hard to say.

I suppose if you wanted too, you could get a cheap line painter that uses inverted marking paint to keep costs low, but the results are far from professional.

The best results would be with a airless sprayer, but they are a little pricy to have as a 'part time' machine and rather touchy when it comes to operating. A lot of time is spent just setting up/cleaning up the machine. You end up spending just as much time getting ready and cleaning as you do painting for small jobs.

One concern is that you really can't do it in the winter as freezing temps, snow, moisture, etc. can mess the paint up. A second concern is that it would have to be approached in the same manner as parking lot sweeping. You have to do the work when there are no cars/people around, which usually means nights and weekends. I'm not too crazy about that idea personally.