new in atlanta!help!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greengrower, Feb 19, 2007.

1. greengrower

greengrower LawnSite Member

I just moved here and I am buying a commercial mower walker 48 with bag it will also mow without catching the clippings.My question is how do i need to charge with and without bagging?Is there a square ft.rule or? I'll just be doing homeowner yards and ill edge and blow too . thanks

2. Ga.GrassCutter

Ga.GrassCutter LawnSite Member

Here is how i do it, i don't mention bagging, Bermuda is a pain in the butt, If they want it bagged, i ask if they have some place to dump the clippings, If they do, good for them, If i haul them off, i charge $30.00 per pickup load, a Ford Ranger , In the end i charge them about $5.00 per cut more , than if i wasn't bagging,

3. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Man, are you sure you want to bag? It's a huge hassle which is deserving of a premium price. Like an extra $5? No way! I wouldn't do it for less than an additional 50%.

Hauling the clippings away is a pain. Where do you dump it? That stuff will smell terribly wherever you dump it.

Most experienced grass cutters will not bag. There is a reason for it.

4. greengrower

thx for the reply.No I really don't want to bag but from what I understand in atlanta the post stamp type yards have to be bagged.Its what I am hearing from some. thx for the advice

5. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Put a mulch kit on....problem eliminated

6. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Is it a Walker Mower or a walk-behind mower?

I have been mowing for a while, but this is my first full time year, and have only bagged a lawn when scalping it. Never had any problems with the law or with a client. Hopefully you misuderstood what they were saying. Maybe thats a Cobb County thing but here in Fulton thats not the case at all.

I do agree, a mulch kit on that mower will eliminate any question about cost of bagging clippings.

7. greengrower

on the very yards in the cobb area such as the new home the yards are very small,What should be the amout charged?I don't want to get to cheap.thx