New in the business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Honey Do Property Mgmt., Jun 6, 2008.

1. Honey Do Property Mgmt.

Honey Do Property Mgmt. LawnSite Member

This is my first year in business and i have 16 weekly accounts. I possibly just got a large account in a subdivion park area. I was wondering if im doing good for my first year. I only handed out roughly 1500 fliers and ive heard that is pretty good. I could also use any advice anyone has to give.

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Are all those customers from the fliers? That sounds like a good start; you'll probably pick up a few more customers in the summer, too.

Advice. . .Um. . . Work hard, make it excellent, show up on time, and be honest.
    And don't burn gas unless you have too. :)

Or were you looking for more specific advice?

Good luck, though.

3. Honey Do Property Mgmt.

12 of these accounts are from fliers. I had never even touched a commercial mower before may of this year. Now that i got the hang of it i just give it 110 % and talk to my customers. Ive found this to be very effective especially with the elderly. Im willing to accept any advice anyone has to give and i thank you for your response and advice . Good luck to you as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. MatthewVersteeg

MatthewVersteeg LawnSite Member

Nice work!

Here's a great tip for you:

Ask your current clients from those flyers to refer you to their neighbors. This way, you'll tighten up your route AND save on gas. It's as simple as gifting the neighbors with a gift certificate (compliments of the neighbor who is already your client) and then doing a fantastic job for them. This has been one of our main marketing secrets for years.

I'm here to help; let me know what I can do for you.

Matthew Versteeg

5. Honey Do Property Mgmt.

Thanks alot its nice to see that there are some people out htere still who want to see others succed as well as themselves. thank you very much and i wsh you the best as well !!!!!