1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New in TN

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by schaefer60, Mar 11, 2013.

1. schaefer60

schaefer60 LawnSite Member

Greetings everyone, I'm new to the site and the business. After 23 years of service in the Army I'm retiring and going back to what I did before joining. My Grandpa had a lawn care business and from the time I was 13 until I joined the Army at age 20 I worked for him. I am excited to get into the business and am looking forward to learning as much as possible from the members here.
  2. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to the Forum. I just realized I am considered a Senior Member around here! Ha! Only title I've ever had!!!:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

Anyway, if you have questions, ask away, dont listen to the nay-sayers, and DONT rebuke all the advise.

Weed through the Bullsh!t and there is a lot of information on here.

Welcome back! :cool2::cool2::cool2:

And hows life up in Clarksville? I pass through there about once every 6 weeks. Bought a nice red f-150 up there about 3 weeks ago too.
  3. schaefer60

Life in Clarksville in good. I have lots of questions but I think I'll snoop around a bit and then see what I need.

4. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to the site. I'm retired and from Clarksville too but currently working out of country. I haven't been at this long but I will be more than happy to offer any information or assistance.

What unit were you in?
  5. schaefer60

I was in the 159th CAB. Blackhawk pilot.
  6. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

We had some aviation next to us when I was on the airfield in Mosul after the war. I forget the unit but they were medivac. I was in 2nd BCT, 1-320 FA back then. Retired out of 4-320 FA, 4th BCT.

SUREYARDS LawnSite Member

Thank you for your service

I have small yard service in White Bluff, not too far from Clarksville

Good luck in your ventures

8. schaefer60

Thank you. I was in Mosul for a little while during the war but then we went out to Tal-A-Far. I think 9th BN stayed at Mosul with the MedEvac form 6th BN.

Trying to decide on a mower. Right now I have a line on a nice Hustler FasTrak super duty 54" and a Bad Boy ZT. Now sure which way to go here. Both are about the same cost wise. I know Hustler's reputation but I don't know much about the Bad Bay. Suggestions?
  9. GrimsleysLawnCare

GrimsleysLawnCare LawnSite Member

Welcome to the site. And thank you for your service. I am out of a small town in Tennessee Called Soddy Daisy its inbetween Dayton Tennessee and Chattanooga. Good Luck this season!