New in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JenicLawnCare, Jan 23, 2013.

1. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

Hi Pete, welcome to lawnsite and Lawn business. I am east of you and have been at this for about 9 years (21/2 with this venture) feel free to pm me should you have any questions I would be happy to try and help answer them.
  2. yardworkswi

yardworkswi LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice Skorum. I do plan to expand my marketing plan this year with EDDM, craigslist, lettered truck, shirts, athletic team sponsorship, more web presence and possibly a well timed newspaper ad. The only thing I will not do again is door hangers. I made them myself (wouldn't have done all that myself but I have downtime at my job that I did then) They looked good just didnt have the gloss finish and only cost me $30 for an ink cartridge and i think $10 for paper. I made 1000 but the killer was passing them out it took forever and I only ended up getting 500 - 600 out. If I didnt have the fulltime job and had nothing else to do till mowing starts I would consider it.
  3. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

EDDM is way to go. 5,000 cards printed, designed, sipped & postage cost runs right around $1,350.00