New innovations....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Mar 12, 2003.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Item number one:
    Striping roller attachment for sulky. Good if you don't have a floating deck mower to put a roller on. You can adjust the tire pressure to change how much of your weight rests on the roller, or change your foot position.
    More to come later...

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

You certainly are an inventive person. Post some additional pictures and let us know the outcome.

3. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Not bad BHB...unique. Your idea's never stop...let us know how it works. :jester:
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Let me help ya out there, I could not make heads or tails out of that pic. Am I the only one that can't see BHB's pic?

striping roller_bush hog boy.jpg
  5. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Is that roller hollow? Looks like a good idea I haven't seen on here before.
  6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Ok here is a better one.
    Alex, it has two peices of pipe inside one another slid over top of the rod. Does that make any sense? lol

7. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Well I hope you like it because its permanent.
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

How about when you go down a berm? Your sulkie tires (BTW they dont match?!) will not touch and all your weight will be supported by the mower and your striping roller. It doesn't look to be strong enough to support this. It needs to be spring loaded or something.
  9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Permanent??? I doubt it. The first small stump he catches with that will probably rip it off, that is if he doesn't get hurt or killed after flying over the Scag's handle bars. Then he'll be breaking out the torches and cutting it off, because it will be destroyed. You need larger diameter roller and some type of spring loaded flotation, as was suggested. :) ;) :) ED
  10. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Is it as wide as your cutting deck? Stripes might look a little strange if it is not as wide as your cut....JMO....:drinkup: