New INS. Company Saved Me BIG $$$$$

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I got tired of our old Insurance company going up on my rates when I had never had a claim in the 5 years I had them. So today while waiting on a few storms to pass I got the phone book out and started calling around. The first 4 calls had even worse rates ($850 a year for $300K of Commercial Liability). But I decided to call my homeowners INS just to see what they could offer. With Farm Bureau I now have $1 Mil in Commercial Liability for ONLY $201 a YEAR with NO Deductable!!! Now I am a solo opp so that saves alot but I was paying nearly 4 times this for half the coverage. Sorry, just feels good to finally save money.

2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

That does not sound right.

Tim

3. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

It almost sounds too good make sure you read you policy to make sure its apples to apples. Farm bureau offer great rates too bad they dont offer Commercial Liability here in S. FL

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Thats what I thought too til he showed the paperwork and everything checked out. He said it helps some that I have 4 other Ins policies with them.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

They'll get the remainder of the policy premium next year after they do their first audit.

6. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a real good price. My policy with FB is 450. for the same amount of Ins. I just had my ins. audit. My policy rate is based on my payrol.

7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Since I'm Solo my agent told be it would go by just the standard payroll of $17,500 until I get FULL-TIME employees. I am also under Lawn Maintance rather then Landscaping, even though it states in the policy that I am covered doing installs.

8. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

be happy with the savings while you can, just as soon as you start making more money and you need employees that boost your payroll your new insurance is going to put their hand out and ask for more, more, more..........

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Could be a 6 month term as well.

10. DreamtheGreen

DreamtheGreen LawnSite Member

Definately 6 months. Cux you should have a $1 mil coverage if your using zero turn riders. Better check into it. I tried going with a $500 coverage and 2 agencys told me No.