new install bidding

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by advancedlawnsolutions, Jan 11, 2005.

1. advancedlawnsolutions

advancedlawnsolutions LawnSite Member

Iive been kind of inconsistent with my bidding. I strarted out figuring supplies then multiplying x2 to give a total price. Then I started pricing $70-75 per gear drive and then $25 per spray. What have some of you more experienced guys found to work good for you and the customer? I don't want to give my service away and don't want to overcharge either.

2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

That sounds a little cheap to me. IMHO. I'm sure that some of the guys here will chime in and let you now twhere they are at. Good luck

3. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

I never have priced a job by using that method, although I've seen other guys posting that same method.

my formula: Bid = material + Labor.

4. Rotor-Man

Rotor-Man LawnSite Member

Install price = Material Costs + Labor+ soil type upcharge [ clay!!]+PROFIT= Total Installation Price.

5. Bid = Materials cost + Markup + Hourly labor desired.

You really need to know your costs in order to figure out your hourly labor desired. I know that it costs me x amount of dollars to be in business each hour of each day..therefore I need to recover that amount + Profit. My hourly install rate is based on this figure...oh, and you need to bid it correctly so that you aren't there longer than you thought.

6. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

Bid = labor + materials + overhead + profit.

'nuff said.

Brian

7. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Bid = Profit first + materials + overhead . I use retail prices for materials . I always figure how much I want to make off each job first . I would rather do 3 jobs a week at higher profit than 5 jobs a week at lower profit .

8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

as a rule of thumb we use $100.00/rotor $50.00/spray. $2.00/foot for drip.

we then add a % for adverse conditions.

we will be doing an install next week where we are getting 30% more on all of those.

a 30Ksqft property, with a 2400sq ft house footprint and 9000sq ft of drip irrigated beds.

$5000.00