new install pics

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, May 6, 2010.

1. JayinMI

JayinMI LawnSite Member

Why stream rotors?

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

With the rotating stream, they don't hammer the bark in the same place as a single-stream. Plus, they have such a gentle application; best rotor ever made, imo. I miss Ed Hunter. :cry:

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  3. JayinMI

JayinMI LawnSite Member

Gotya great point! I love the stream rotor too, I am seeing less and less of them!

4. Mike Leary

We're seeing less of them because the contractors are not designing the systems to have 50 psi at the head. We all bought in to MP Rotators, but a few of us realized the application rates/run times were not getting it. I would not install a MP unless it was a problem with the original install and I needed more pressure. There is nothing so pretty as seeing a Stream-Rotor at work. :clapping:

5. JayinMI

JayinMI LawnSite Member

I love watching them. I turned on a system the other day which was not butchered by 700's. I'll take some pics for ya if I run across any!

6. Mike Leary

I did a walk-through with a client that we installed Stream Rotors for their turf; he said, "you don't want to stare at these too much, they're mesmerizing". She said, "it's like sitting around a campsite fire pit".

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

What about Joe-Homeowners yard? Efficicent, work well. So what if it takes 8 hours to water, if it fits in the night.

8. Mike Leary

You're right, for small systems that fit the window, they work fine. Russ ("low-flow") has run into sites where MPs were the only answer because of psi/gpm.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  9. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I dug up this relic from the original system on the job yesterday. There is a copper "tee" that looks like it was inserted into poly. Is that how people used to do it?

IMG00120-20100513-1418.jpg

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

That is the install of one particular company. One, and one alone.