NEW International TerraStar

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 360ci, Mar 14, 2010.

1. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

If the engine is the same as last years 6.4 liter powerstroke, I wouldn't want one because of the terrible fuel mileage. A friend of mine had a 2008 f350 with the 6.4 it got 11 mpg in pickup form unloaded and about 7mpg with a 16ft. landscape trailer with one mower on it.
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

CAT is NOT OUT!! Cat and Navistar are building an engine. The 15L CAT Engine will be rebranded MaxxForce for 2010 . How do I know?? My Brother Works for Navistar and He is Testing the engine as we speek.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

The only Reason I would not buy that is because of the 6.4L..What a shitty Engine!!!

Now if it had a cummins I would buy it!
  4. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

After I posted yesterday, I went to the MaxxForce website. There's no mention of anything bigger than the MaxxForce13, so I'd have to agree with you. Must be they couldn't reach an agreement for whatever reason.
  5. dbear

I'm not sure but I'm under the impression that there are some differences. The block and heads(?) are the same, but the fuel delivery system is different. Also, the PS uses a DPF, while the MaxxForce uses AEGR.
  6. dbear

Then disregard my above post about it maybe not happening. I'm surprized there's no info/word about it on the website 'tho...
  7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I think being that Ford has nothing to do with this 6.4. it may be alright.
  8. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

It looks like a CXT or MXT with smaller wheels and tires and just a cab and chassis model, so you can put whatever bed on it you want. IF its close to those models in price, nobody will be able to afford one anyway.
  9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Here is what I have heard and read. Cat is no longer involved in designing or producing diesels for highway use. Cat will launch a new line of heavy duty construction trucks under tha "Cat" name. These trucks will be built by Navistar to Cat specs. at the Navistar plant in Garland Texas. This is the old Marnon factory where Navistar builds heavy duty, mixer chassis trucks.
    Cat and Navistar may have some working agreement on the design of the engine for those trucks, but, Cat will not build them and they are Navistar engines. I think kind of like the agreement Ford had with Navistar on the Powerstroke engines.
  10. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

What ever happened to the deal CAT supposedly had with one of the big 3 to put a CAT diesel in a full size pickup truck? That would sell like freaking crazy if they offered that! I never did hear what brand they were working with though, but I guess its not going to happen now after reading the post above? Too bad!