New invention at MAHTS

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by NewHorizon's Land, Feb 20, 2007.

1. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

I saw this "new invention" at MAHTS last week and was wondering what people thought about it. It is galvinized metal steps that they fabricate. One piece construction up to 6'. Two pieces can attach and you can have different sizes shapes and rise height's from 6"-8". The steps bolt on to the house and you glue the blocks to the fabricated metal. I thought that this would be good for someone learning how to do steps. Whats your honest opinion?

2. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

do you still back fill and how long will the adhesive last

3. NewHorizon's Land

Not sure on the adhesive. They never said to backfill but I dont think it would hurt. Looks fairly simple to do? I was wondering if you had to do a base for it as well?

4. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

i saw those and really liked them. he said that he just puts them on the paver base, but that part was up to you. it could be put on sona tubes, but i think that it is so light that it would be fine on just the 6" of modified though.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

do they have a website?

6. NewHorizon's Land

I cant find it yet. If they do I will Post it.

7. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

WWW.WRIGHTFRAMES.COM. Looked good, but I would probably never go through the trouble of ordering one. If someone else does be sure to post it.

8. NewHorizon's Land

Their website is under construction. I think I am going to try one at my house and see. It seems like a lot cheaper way to build steps. I guess my real question is will it hold up over time?

9. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

i spoke with the guy who designed them and sells them. he is a fellow hardscape installer that got tired of building step the traditional way. i looked over the construction and they are very well made and designed. i would like to try them one on a job this year and give it a shot. most times on a patio we make very little to noting on the steps because of the cost and time involved in doing them right. he said the 6' unit made for the standard slider msrp is around $900. he sell that unit installed for $2400 to his customers and installs in about 4-5 hrs. it also has pockets for railing posts and holes punched for lights. he also said that PL premium has approved the glue for the construction and is going to start producing a glue for him with the wright frame logo printed on it. i think it will serve good on those jobs that the budget is tight and the stairs would put them over.

10. NewHorizon's Land

Thanks McKee