New Irrigation Multitool

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by S.O.Contracting, Jan 29, 2014.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Sales rep for King told my Ewing that the Itool won't be available until March.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Picked one up today. Not too bad. One issue is the knife blade is dull, even after I tried sharpening it.

2014-03-20 16.45.24.jpg

3. kellanv

kellanv LawnSite Senior Member

Where are they in stock? I've been checking Ewing every so often and haven't seen them come in yet. Might need to call.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

My Ewing doesn't have them in yet, and I ordered three with them. A smaller local distributor got them in first (after I showed him the link to it after reading this thread). He sent me a text that they were in, and I picked one up today. I'm still getting the three since I ordered through Ewing, but I couldn't wait. It's like a new toy on your birthday. :)

5. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Mr. Mac,
    How does it score in the performance review so far?
    Are they like new tennis shoes?: Hard to bring yourself to getting it the dirt?

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We are still in cold weather non-working mode, so I haven't tried it out yet. Maybe next week. A little "fumbly" in opening/closing some of the tools. But I like the versatility of having the knife, pliers/strippers and a saw blade on hand. It may keep me from running to the truck a few times.

7. kellanv

kellanv LawnSite Senior Member

Thats about the level that I expect from it. I have good tools in the truck for most of the work but it will be nice to have a few handy for the "oops I need a _____" moments.

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Does that hex key adjust the pgp's?

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'm assuming so. Haven't tried it. I actually gave it to TomTom today since I have the other three coming from Ewing. Went riding the bikes a bit to burn off some winter fat.

10. YankeeC|ipper

YankeeC|ipper LawnSite Member

That tool rocks! [or looks like it does]

Does anyone know of a similar tool for lawncare?