1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new jd 797 discharge blocker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2 clowns mowing, Sep 14, 2007.

1. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

bought new jd 797 with 60" deck yesterday am looking for discharge flip down blocker. has anyone tried on that works well?
  2. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The advance chute system or the power chute are very good. These both have holes in the blocker to let air out and makes them work a lot better than the soild type blocker.
  3. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like mine from Power Chute Design. Controlled by a foot pedal but its a pain in the a** to install!
  4. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

The average time (reported by customers) on John Deere units is 30 - 45 minutes which includes the drilling of two holes in the Power Chute motor mount bracket. This also includes all wiring from start to finish. Sorry you had problems... Norm
  5. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Got a advance Chute system on the walk and only put it on a month or so ago after breaking 2 car windows this year only problem i see with any blade blocker is the wind rows of grass it leaves when grass is growing tall and lush , i will deal with this if it saves me paying for broken windows