1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New JD Z trak

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BRIMOW525, Jun 7, 2002.

1. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

I just got a JD 737 Z trak. Its 54" deck with a 23hp kaw. I don't hear of alot of u guys liking deere because they're too much. I got mine for $7200. Then minus my trade and what not. 2yr unlimited hr warranty. I asked for a mulching after the deal was done and they didn't charge me for it. I'm trying to post a pic of it but it tells me its too big oor too many bits or something.
  2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Keep us posted on how much you like it. I have a great JD dealer in the area but still got got to know if it will do the job. And congrats on the New Toy.
  3. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I run John Deere trimmers, edgers and mowers. I have been very happy with them and I have a great dealer. However they do cost more to buy or repair. I would stay away from the older yellow deck mowers.
  4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

John Deere now has a 727 and a 737.

"Ladies and Gentlemen from the flight deck...uhh 54" deck???"

Interesting Statistic The John Deere 737 has 23 HP but the Boeings 737-800 has about 60,000 HP

5. BRIMOW525

and the next model up is the 757. anyway.. I have a JD edger that I bought about 5yrs ago. works great.. its a shame they dont make them anymore. I have the one with the curb kit bouilt in. I'd never sell the thing. Haven't found any like it. I did do some cutting today with the new JD but its kinda hard to tell how good it is with the weather being as dry as it is
  6. cglservice

cglservice LawnSite Member
    from Ky

good price for that one.

I bought a 2001 new this spring JD 665 / 25 kohler I like mine real well you will really like that 7iron deck have yet had to clean
    mine out and have mowed in the rain twice it just keep throughing the grass out. paid $7200 for mine:D
    if you are going to copping a lot of leaves this fall
    it would be a good idea to get a commercial air filter for yours.
  7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I got a new 757 this year. I have 50 hrs on it so far and love it. I have noticed grass doesn't build up under the 7 Iron decks, haven't had to do much scraping. I have never had any problems with the other deere's I have owned.

Where do you get the commercial air filter for the Kawasaki's.
    I have noticed the air filter that comes with them is the greatest. The grass seems to get sucked into the filter housing too easy.

8. cglservice

cglservice LawnSite Member
    from Ky

I had the dealer to through one in on the sell for mine.
    It is a large round filter that has its on housing.
    I dont know exactly were to get one have not looked.
    Talk to your dealer. Good Luck
  9. BRIMOW525

I was thinking about running a K&N filter in it. Just have to find out the size and what not.